Gofamgo participates in affiliate programs. We earn fees by linking to our advertisers at no extra cost to you. We would appreciate it if you use our links to buy these recommended products! Gofamgo is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. Thanks for your support!
For Star Alliance’s 20th Anniversary, 21 people will become mileage millionaires. One winner will be selected from each Star Alliance Frequent Flyer Programme. Winners will be announced on September 28, 2017.
Where would you go if you have 1,000,000 Mileage points?
If you’re one of 21 lucky people, better start thinking about it because Star Alliance is hosting a photo competition to give away 1,000,000 miles (or equivalent) from each of their member airlines. That’s 21,000,000 miles in total! However, you may only enter the contest once, and not 21 times with every frequent flyer program.
The miles awarded will be award miles and will not count towards any type of status. You will be able to book flights on any Star Alliance carrier with the awarded miles.
How to Enter
You can enter the competition in just five easy steps. Here’s how:
- You will need to be a member of a Star Alliance Frequent Flyer Programme to be eligible to enter. To check if your airline is a Star Alliance member, click here. If you’re not already a member you can sign up here.
- Use the online application to upload a photo of you and your favorite cultural experience. Make sure both are the same format and orientation. (JPEG, portrait or landscape)
- Tell them where you took them.
- Explain why the experience is special.
- Inform Star Alliance how to reach you in case you won.
The online app will combine your photos into something like these:
Once you upload a photo, you will choose which program you would want to win miles in. You’ll then enter your membership number in that particular program.
The criteria for judging are the following, according to the competition FAQs.
- Visual quality of the image
- Effectiveness of the entire entry (text + visual) to accentuate and bring forward the special and unique attributes of a cultural experience and the connection of people and cultures
- Originality and creativity of the submitted materials?
Contestants must enter by July 31, 2017 and the winners will be announced on September 28, 2017. To learn more, visit Star Alliance’s contest page.
Where would you go with a million miles?